Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dim Sum Sunday - Pumpkins/Squash

Our last Dim Sum Sunday - Pie had some really great participation. All the pies set my mouth to watering. Let's check them out.
Dani at Gardening Under the Florida Sun gave us a wonderfully rustic Apple Galette.La Diva at La Diva Cucina makes a break from the land of Key Lime to make a beautiful Banana Cream Pie.Buzz of Buzzkill finally narrows down his Pie As Food Group to give us a old family favorite, Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. Hey, the Boy likes it!Troll of The Troll Report gives us something totally new with his Carambola Pie that tastes just as good as it smells.

Thanks so much everyone for your pies, I would have had a hard time choosing which one I would want to try first and that means a lot.

It's October, Halloween is coming and I can't resist all the beautiful all the pumpkins and squash. So take your pick for the this Dim Sum Sunday - Pumpkin/Squash. Maybe continue the pie mojo, maybe a little pumpkin ravioli, or even Butternut Squash Risotto. Go Pumpkin Thumping Crazy.
Dim Sum Sunday is open to anyone and everyone. Make a dish with the ingredient or theme in mind (or enjoy a restaurant doing all the work for you) take a picture of your hard work, post it on your blog and come back here this coming Sunday and tell us you're ready to share and we'll digitally run right over and wish we had been at your house to call dibbs on seconds.

See you all Sunday.

8 comments:

Dani said...

My sister and her girls need to join in on the cooking fun.

Big Shamu said...

Yes they DO!

LaDivaCucina said...

I have an old pumpkin standy recipe that I just LOOOOVE and might do it for this.

My girlfriend called the other day and needed me to explain what DSS was! She didn't know what dim sum was either and what the heck did it have to do with pie?! She had a huge A-ha moment after I told her the connection and it made me giggle!

Big Shamu said...

A different little surprise every other Sunday. I'm really regretting reposting everyone's pie pictures because they are making me so hungry for pie.

LaDivaCucina said...

I know. I thought making the banana cream would satiate my craving for a creamy pie and now all I can do is think about when I'll make another one!

Susan said...

ah ha ... I've got the perfect little delicious pumpkin somethin' somethin' lined up.

rachel said...

Oh drat - I conquered my pastry demon just too late for my wonderful (to me) apple pie to enter here! Maybe I should post an anti-pumpkin recipe instead.....

rachel said...

Anti-pumpkin recipe now on my blog. Americans and Canadians, I know you'll despise me; please don't tell me so!