Thursday, August 6, 2009

Burger Blahs

I don't know what you see when you look at this but what I see is a big pile of waste. Actually I see a statement on how much I disliked the whole Quickfire effort of this week's Top Chef Masters. A big cold greasy pile of waste.
Need I say more? Asshat Extraordinaire will be judging the gourmet burgers along with Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock. Why this Asshat and why this challenge? Because they don't use frozen scallops on Top Chef Masters. Although I think he and Gael could swap chapeau chatter.Now I'm not going to get all crazy about the 4 burgers and whatever the hell Anita Lo made (girl, I like outside the box but that was outside the building the crazy box was sitting in) because it was a big burger (Michael), a Mexican burger (Rick), a Ho burger (Art), and a French Cheese burger (Hubert). What did you expect? What I didn't expect was sharing my dislike of the aforementioned Asshat with the likes of Rick Bayless and Hubert Keller.There's something utterly delicious knowing that both Hubert and Bayless feel like having an asshat tossing party. Meanwhile...
...Anita tries to find her savant happy place.
No one really wins. There are losers. Anita with 1 1/2 stars and me, for losing interest by the midway point. Let's hope things are a bit more interesting for the elimination challenge.

6 comments:

MakingSpace said...

Shamu wins for Best Hat Picture Evah.

Also Rick for being scruffy cute All. The. Time. Love him.

The table of fries. Ew.

Big Shamu said...

I know what you mean about the fries. Fries are great....when they are hot and just out of the fryer. Sitting on a table for hours, cold and congealed? No thanks.

Susan said...

Hey B. what's the theme for DSS this week ... ah just need to know so that I might fail again miserably this week as well - or maybe we're on a summer hiatus ?

Thanks for the SNORT xo S & les Gang

NYD said...

I don't get the chance to watch the show, but from what I can see here I't just ain't cooking.
Would you pay for that if it showed up on your plate in a restaurant???

Big Shamu said...

NYD, it was just this challenge. I don't think it was all that challenging. The guys made nice juicy burgers and Anita totally whiffed on the challenge. I think even CJ's seafood burger from season 3 was more inventive than the burgers the guys made. Otherwise I'm loving Top Chef Masters.

moi said...

I thought it was a cop out choice of a challenge. Besides, any burger without green chile on it? Talk to Moi's hand.