Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dim Sum Sunday Reminder - How Does Your Garden Grow


This week's Dim Sum Sunday theme is How Does Your Garden Grow.

Do you have a garden?  Perhaps one of those legendary Florida gardens, flush with vegetables and herbs year round?  Or are you more like me, a container garden of herbs and tomatoes?  Or do you just have garden envy, dreaming of all the lovely squash dishes you could make if only you had an acre or two?  If it's any or all of those things, or even something completely different, please participate in our weekly food meme -  "Dim Sum Sunday". Each week, a theme will be given. The participants will use the theme (from the literal to the avant-garde) when creating their Sunday suppers the following week. Then, just take a picture or two of the meal, and tell us all about it. Does it have to be home cooking? Not necessarily - you can go out, eat in, or even go to a friends house...as long as your post reflects the theme in original (you don't have to be a professional photographer) pictures of your dinner, and personal stories (and recipes and how-tos if you choose...)!
Be sure to come here and leave a comment that links back to your blog to let us know your post is up!

10 comments:

Dani said...

Flush with bunnies too!;)

Big Shamu said...

A meal of rabbit would certainly fit the theme. hahahahahahah.

Dani said...

You are so bad!lol

Big Shamu said...

Hey Dani, I hope you'll join us, would love to see that squash dish.

LaDivaCucina said...

Lived in Michigan, Illinois, Sydney Australia, Southern California and now Florida. I found the best gardening for me was in Cali! It's too hot and humid here in Southern Florida to grow anything in the summer, extreme sun and drought in Australia and of course the growing season is so short up north.

I now live in a high rise and my balcony doesn't get any sun. I can't even get geraniums to flower! So, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's post!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Just cactus here. You can eat them - nopales, but I don't care for it.

Dani said...

I think I might just have to join in on the fun. :)

We cooked the squash on Mon. using the recipe for the Gratin that you had linked for me. And it was soooo good! Thanks!

Big Shamu said...

That's great Dani, I will make sure to try once the squash start popping here. Can't wait to see what you bring to the digital table on Sunday.

Jenny said...

so, I can go to my local take out, re-dish, and then sit my back yard to eat, photograph and come back here?

AWESOME.

Big Shamu said...

Absolutely. Would love to have you join.